About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Social Worker— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll develop, plan, and deliver pediatric social work services. This role will assist patients and families in making psychosocial adaptations to illnesses while utilizing health care and community resources. This position will render services centered on chronological ages and developmental levels of the patients.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs screenings and assessments designed to gather data relevant to patient’s and family’s needs
- Provides social work planning by working with patients, families, and providers to develop and implement social work care plans
- Facilitates patient and family use of community resources
- Provides appropriate and focused patient and family counseling and therapy corresponding with the patient’s and family’s needs
- Collaborates with providers regarding the patient’s progress, care and/or transitional plan, etc.
- Assesses and follows-up with provider’s recommendations of changes in the patient and family status and/or needs, as appropriate
- Utilizes quality improvement process to identify improvement opportunities and establish, assess, and evaluate programs and services and their outcomes
- Educates self by reading professional literature, attending staff development, and participating in continuing education programs as evidenced by attendance and CEU records
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of social work required
- LSW –Social Worker License from the State of Texas required
- Previous employment in health care, a health care specialization in schooling, or a fieldwork practicum in health care preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish and experience with Epic or Electronic Medical preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.