About Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system, and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities.
You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Application Functional Lead – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide technical services to analyze, design, and deliver clinical/business solutions while lending expertise to activities related to answering technical consulting questions, both individually or as part of a team. You will serve as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures of enterprise applications.
Prior experience in data analysis or business intelligence including data warehousing, business intelligence tools, and techniques/technology.
Experience with functional testing/validation.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Works with technology teams to investigate system performance and data issues
- Develops a sense of urgency when key deliverables are jeopardized and facilitate problem-solving/meetings to address obstacles
- Analyzes and coordinates designing of new & existing data applications and architectures of data warehouse applications
- Manages the Data warehouse and provides database and data mining technical support
- Innovates and generates new ideas, concepts, and models to improve the methods of obtaining and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data
- Provides written explanations of approach and analysis in plain language that supports the conclusions and observations in collaboration with others
- Interprets data and develops recommendations based on findings
- Uses visualization techniques to display data and the results of the analysis in clear, straightforward presentations that can be understood by non-technical readers
- Evaluates and refines the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy
- Builds predictive models using data mining methodologies
- Analyzes and mines business data to identify patterns and correlations among the various data points
- Coordinates new development and makes sure it is consistent and well-integrated with existing information data structure
- Leads and engages during business analysis, information acquisition analysis/design, data access analysis/design, archive/recovery strategy, security, and change management
- Appraises effectiveness of systems flow, data usage, and manual or automated processes to identify ineffectiveness or inefficiency of the system
- Develops, designs, and modifies technical specifications for the Integrated Delivery System
- Coordinates the design and analysis during the implementation of new systems and the modifications of existing systems
- Controls system configuration and development process by establishing standards, measuring work in process, interpreting results, and taking corrective action
- Performs independent programming for segments of complex problems according to the technical specifications and standard system implementation techniques
- Analyzes system performance and optimizes programs, reports, and indexes
- Defines the post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance
- Initiates and implements new programming techniques, methods, procedures, approaches, and standards
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology
- Master's Degree in computer science or information technology preferred
- 8 years of application design and implementation
- Must be efficient, self-motivated, and innovative (thinks outside the box/researches better ways to display data)
- Experience performing analyses and presenting of data
- Ability to extract data from multiple data sources like Tableau and SQL server, using SQL
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.