About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Technical Applications Advisor – (VMware VDI) - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll be responsible for developing, analyzing, and advising the hospital IDS and/or IS staff on technical solutions as they apply to applications across the IDS.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Strongly desire existing, proven VMware VDI experience.
Experience maintianing existing VMware systems highly preferred
Experience leading health checks, highly desired.
Leading migrations of VDI to new Win platforms. i.e. Win7 to Win10 stronlgy preferrred
- Analyzes and coordinates designing of new and existing applications and architectures of Integrated Delivery System systems
- Coordinates new development and ensures it is consistent and well-integrated with existing information data structure
- Leads and engages in business analysis, information acquisition analysis and design, data access analysis and design, archive and recovery strategy, security, and change management
- Appraises effectiveness of systems flow, data usage, and manual or automated processes to identify ineffectiveness or inefficiency of the system
- Develops, designs, and modifies technical specifications for the Integrated Delivery System
- Coordinates the design and analysis of the implementation of new systems and the modifications of existing systems
- Researches technology trends/directions
- Identifies and recommends tools and technologies using best practices/industry standards to support strategic direction and assists in deploying appropriate business initiatives
- Identifies alternative ways to utilize the application & technologies for projects that are impacted by performance and/or business issues
- Coordinates activities and information dissemination with manager, other Information Services personnel, users, and vendors
- Leads development and maintenance programming activities with management, other Information Services personnel, users, or vendors during all phases of the system life cycle
- Participates in meetings concerning user consulting, systems analysis, system design, and vendor contracts
- Serves as Information Services department representative in meetings with other Integrated Delivery System components in developing data processing solutions designed to solve practical IDS problems
- Develops system documentation and training
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in major system design and implementation and project management or leadership is required
- Bachelor’s degree will substitute 4 years of work experience
- Master’s degree will substitute for 2 years of work experience
- Knowledge at expert level of current application and system development techniques
- Knowledge of relational databases, appropriate programming languages, data structures, associated computer hardware, computer networking, a variety of operating systems, and client/server data processing techniques
- Ability to demonstrate logic, analytical, and effective verbal and written communication skills, team-oriented work habits, proven interpersonal skills, and the ability to adapt to different levels of technical experience
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.