About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Interventional Rad Generalist– someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. This position will provide exceptional quality routines and specialized interventional radiographic procedures at the request licensed practitioner. This role will be a liaison between patients, radiologist and other members of the support team. To be successful you must integrate scientific knowledge; technical skills, patient interaction, compassionate care, and recognize a patient’s conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. You must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and technique while using critical thinking and ethical judgments. You will be responsible for patient care, appropriate documentation, quality control, and quality improvement, and provide training, education and mentoring to students, technologists, nursing, residents, fellows, staff and others.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Preparation for procedures and assessment of factors that may contradict the procedure
• Provides clear and detailed information regarding the procedure to the patient, family, and others
• Performs routine portable, STAT, urgent, on-call and intraoperative diagnostics and interventional radiographic and fluoroscopy cases while accurately demonstrating anatomy and pathology through proper techniques
• Documents fluoroscopic time and radiation exposure
• Ensures the patient is in a safe environment, free of hazards
• Participates and leads continuing education in-service programs, reads professional publications, reviews procedure manuals and attends trainings
• Incorporates HIPAA into all actions to ensure patient confidentiality is maintained
• Graduate of a formal diagnostic Radiology program required
• R-ARRT – Licensed Radiography Certification from the American Registry of Radiology Technologists
• CMRT– Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist from the Texas Medical Board