About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant II— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide patient care and excellent customer service in an organizational setting. This role will assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Responds to customer questions with prompt information and/or services related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
- Performs patient registration procedures per clinic process
- Utilizes the patient management system to mark the arrival of patients and opens accounts
- Changes status of all non-arrived patients daily to reflect canceled, no-show, or rescheduled status
- Prioritizes patients to be roomed based on appointment and arrival times and other clinic procedures
- Assists, as needed, licensed staff with the non-financial aspects of the inpatient admission process
- Assists with patient escorts and helps with paperwork as needed
- Assists in the collection and documentation of patient/family data which includes biophysical and psychosocial information according to clinic scope
- Reports abnormal or out of range data to RN or provider
- Ensures that requisitions have necessary clinical, demographic, billing, and payor information
- Monitors patient flow and fills in or assigns staff as necessary to avoid bottleneck and assure minimal patient wait time
- College degree preferred
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant certificate from the National Healthcareer Association required
- CMA-AAM- Certified Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Assistants
- One of the following required:
- EMT Certified Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- EMT-A Certified Advanced Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- EMT-B Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Basic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- EMT-I Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Intermediate from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- EMT-P Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- LIC PAR- License Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- NCMA- National Medical Assistant Certification from the National Center for Competency Testing
- NRCMA - Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant from the National Association of Health Professionals
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
- 2 years of related experience required
- Experience in a health care setting or customer service-focused industry preferred
- Outpatient clinic operations experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.