About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Information Services -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will be responsible for oversight of clinical applications and imaging informatics. In addition, you will be responsible for development and implementation of the strategy around the categorization, cataloging and collection of Internet of Things health care data. This includes all departmental aspects of the operating budget, staffing, project coordination, equipment evaluation, medical equipment IoT management program development and standards development, departmental hardware/software systems development and maintenance, and supervision of large teams.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, clinical engineering, electrical engineering, technology management, or business management required
- Master’s degree in biomedical engineering, clinical engineering, electrical engineering, technology management, or business management preferred
- Clear driving record required
- Clinical Engineering certification by the United States and Canadian Board of Examiners for Clinical Engineering preferred
- 4 years’ experience working in a healthcare environment and knowledge of healthcare delivery system models with two years of progressive supervisory experience in managing patient care equipment program in a hospital setting
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Initiates, implements, and monitors the quality, efficiency, and responsiveness of service delivery provided by the department
- Manage services throughout the service lifecycle, including creation and deployment of new services, and enhancements and retirement of existing services throughout the Texas Children’s.
- Establish and implement short and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for the service that link to IS priorities; set appropriate stretch goals and stay focused to persistently drive to meet or exceed those goals.
- Coordinate and manage services across functional areas by collaborating with other service owners in the resolution of operational issues and requests to ensure consistent, high-quality service to customers.
- Develops and implements health care internet of things strategy.
- Participates in the major incident processes during service disruptions. Understands the flow of data from source to analytics, including ETL, storage and metric definition.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.