About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Systems Analyst -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will review, analyze, and modify programming systems including configuration, testing, debugging, and documenting applications. This role consults with customers to identify current operation procedures and to clarify program objectives. Additional responsibilities include workflow administration, data management and performing minor modifications to the application.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Translates users’ needs into detail requirement specifications
- Perform vendor analysis and make recommendations
- Establish project governance and facilitates Steering and Work team meetings
- Develop, schedule, and facilitate test plans for software, network, integration, user acceptance and parallel usage
- Performs configuration analysis for system design associated medium sized projects of average complexity
- Identifies and documents the data sources, recipients, and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection and maintenance (including data conversion requirements and how start-up data will be collected for implementation)
- Analyzes business use of existing systems to identify problem to be resolved and defines system applications or process improvements
- Coordinates the upgrade schedules with vendors and/or users across the Integrated Delivery System
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 7 years computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or nursing experience required
- Hospital information systems experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree will substitute for four years of work experience
- Master’s degree will substitute for two years of work experience
- Up to two years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to two years of information systems experience on a month-to-month basis
- General to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server (2013, 2016, 2019) preferred
- Office 365/O365 preferred
- MS OneDrive, MS Teams, Basic SharePoint preferred
- MS Outlook, Email hygiene (SPF, whitelisting, etc)
- RIghtFax or similar faxing solutions preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.