About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Configuration Systems Analyst - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll be responsible for the activities related to major system configuration, new health plan implementations and conversions within the Configuration Business Operations and Implementation Teams.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs daily review of business applications functions
- Supports Claims staff with complex claim issues
- Supports external users with complex application errors related to business applications
- Identifies and develops process improvements outside of daily scope of work
- Maintains thorough and concise documentation for tracking of all provider, contract, benefit or Process Director changes related to Change Control request forms or Issues for quality audit purposes
- Supports the applications installation through the implementation cycle
- Assists in planning and coordination of application upgrades and releases, including development and execution of some test plans
- Develops training and materials/documentation for users relevant to the implementation of new Process Director workflows
- Performs configuration analysis for system design all projects
- Handles special projects and demonstrates ability to meet deadlines
- Analyzes system problems and modifications
- Recommends modifications to application design or current procedures to maximize advantages of existing resources
- Coordinates implementation and upgrades of systems
- Assists with upgrade testing
- Analyzes impact on users and determines if additional training is required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration, nursing or other related field (4 years of related work experience may substitute for bachelor’s degree)
- 4 years of experience in health plan payor information systems
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.