About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Medical Assistant - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll gather information, assess and provide direct care to patients.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides wayfinding, general assistance, and customer service to TCHP members and families
- Assists with the collection of patient/family data
- Provides general patient care
- Schedules appointments
- Collects Specimens and Performs Laboratory Test
- Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- High school graduate, GED, or equivalent
- Certification as a certified medical assistant (CMA), registered medical assistant (RMA), or emergency medical technician (EMT) CPR certification is preferred
- One (1) year of experience preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of pediatric assessment and treatment
- Knowledge of related OSHA and CLIA/COLA guidelines and requirements
- Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, and filing systems
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to use thermometer, scales, sphygmomanometer/stethoscope, butterfly needles, hearing/vision screening equipment, pulse oximetry, typanometer, basic laboratory equipment, i.e., microscope, centrifuge, hematology analyzer, and specimen collection
- Proficiency with treatments such as nebulizer, ear irrigation, and dressing changes
- Familiarity with all business office machines, i.e., computer, multiline telephone, copier and fax machines
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to speak proficiently in English and Spanish is preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.