About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Senior Business Application Analyst - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll be responsible for understanding the business requirements in relation to applications, reporting, and processes. You’ll also work with the business to clarify requests and interpret needs. Also, you’ll provide functional business knowledge and technical support.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides support for business and/or clinical applications, processes and reports
- Supports, troubleshoots and maintains systems and applications as required
- Provides application and business data analysis
- Develops ad hoc reports to conduct data analysis and validation
- Supports project management, application installations, and quality assurance
- Works closely with solution architects and project managers to assist in defining project features and activities
- Performs business and process analysis and identifies improvements
- Analyzes requirements, procedures and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business applications and processes
- Facilitates elaboration of business request by applying knowledge and experience to ensure appropriate information has been provided and acceptance criteria defined
- Adheres to IS policies, procedures and quality of service levels
- Develops and implements yearly objectives to enhance service and department, adjusting as needed, as evidenced by quarterly meetings and project completion
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, health care administration, business, or other related-field
- Four years of experience as a systems analyst, IT business analyst or programmer/analyst
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience analyzing and implementing solutions in a healthcare environment preferred
- Experience with Agile teams and Agile Development preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.