About Texas Children's Hospital
Scheduled to open in 2017, Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is a 548,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to treat children and adolescents in The Woodlands and counties throughout Greater North Houston such as Montgomery, Walker, Grimes, Liberty, Harris, Polk, San Jacinto and Hardin counties. Our new facility will include 25 emergency center rooms, 32 acute rooms, 28 critical care rooms, 12 radiology rooms and 4 operating rooms. We will also offer inpatient and outpatient pediatric care in more than 25 specialties including: cancer, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, diabetes and endocrinology, urology, sports medicine, gastroenterology and nutrition, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, otolaryngology, allergy and immunology, dermatology, adolescent medicine and physical rehabilitation. Outpatient care areas are scheduled to open in fall 2016.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Perioperative Care Technician (PCT) - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll assist the perioperative team in the acquisition, preparation, and application of supplies, instrumentation, and equipment necessary to performing perioperative procedures.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides age appropriate care for one or more of the following age groups routinely: Neonate, Infant, Toddler, Preschool Age, School Age, Adolescent, and Adult
- Implements safety measures that are appropriate to developmental age
- Communicates appropriately with each developmental age group and their family
- Ensures the availability of age appropriate surgical supplies, anesthetic equipment, and instrumentation
- Retrieves recovery room cribs/beds outside the OR room for each patient prior to the patient transport to he monitored unit
- Delivers sterile and unsterile instrumentation/equipment, linen, and supply setups as designated by the surgical procedure
- Anticipates equipment/instrument/supply needs based on the patient age and procedure; retrieves items and safely sets up equipment during room setup as assigned by the circulating nurse
- Demonstrates aseptic and sterile technique for all anesthesia, supplies, instrumentation, and equipment according to AORN Standards of Practice and OSHA guidelines
- Assists when needed with assembling and opening supplies for surgical procedures, setting up EKG leads, pulse oximeter, and NIBP cuffs on the OR bed, and setting up IV’s
- Cleans and restocks according to par levels and/or case specific supplies, blanket/fluid warmers, supply carts and anesthesia machines prior to the patient entering the room (spot checks between every other procedure)
- Assists with the supervision and maintenance of all anesthesia and surgical equipment
- Maintains surgical and anesthesia equipment as it relates to proper cleaning and sterilization of airway related equipment, diagnostic & monitoring equipment, etc. on a daily basis
- Completes other departmental surgical service duties as assigned by the Manager/Service Coordinator
- Serves as a preceptor to new employees and assists in completing orientation forms and skills lists by designated time frame
- Completion of high school
- Minimum of one year of hospital experience
- One year of OR/Anesthesia related experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.