About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner who can thrive in a fast-paced hospital environment. In this position you’ll be asked to provide health maintenance for well newborns and infants, episodic care for ill infants, and comprehensive care for newborns and infants with chronic conditions. You will work under the supervision of the physician and work collaboratively with other members of the health care team.
Do you have what it takes?
- Daily utilizes advanced practice knowledge and skill to systematically collect and evaluate health assessment data and to manage a caseload of patients
- Consistently demonstrated effective communication skills and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Consistently serves as an educational resource for the patient and family, community, and other health care professionals
- Consistently applies new knowledge relevant to pediatric nursing to clinical practice
- Demonstrates current professional, managerial, and/or technical knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates nurse practitioner’s role behaviors consistent with the development of advanced nursing practice
- Participates in departmental quality improvement program annually
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Current valid license as registered nurse in the state of Texas
- Current NNP-BC certification from the National Certification Corp (NCC) Board of Nurse Examiners
- Full authorization to practice by the Texas Board of Nursing
- Two (2) years experience in the applied specialty
- AHA/AAP hospital-based instructor for Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Broad-based knowledge of nursing functions and medical terminology
- Knowledge of neonatal specific nursing principles and pathophysiology
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment and perform routine and special procedures used in the daily advanced nursing care of newborns and infants
- Ability to work with others and demonstrate leadership qualities
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.