About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Health Plan
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Marketing Writer - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll work with staff designers, freelance designers, and photographers for all communications to write and develop internal and external communication material.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Plans, researches, writes and edits internal and external marketing deliverables including brochures, magazines, videos, advertisements, news releases, newsletters, direct mail, and Web site copy
- Prepares creative briefs to facilitate creative process, identify target audiences and clarify project objectives. Plans include objectives, strategies, timeline and budget
- Facilitates the strategic development and execution of the visual and verbal communications messaging across all external marketing materials. Ensures that collectively a consistent and integrated brand identity is executed across all collateral
- Works with: staff designers; freelance designers, and photographers for all communications
- Consults with departmental teams to plan marketing strategies and deliverables
- Establishes relationships with key leadership and administrative staff within the organization to facilitate knowledge sharing about relevant and timely news for external publication
- Performs research to identify most targeted and cost-effective ways to reach audiences
- Continually identifies new and cost-effective methods of communicating externally (competitive research, new vendor identification, etc.)
- Identifies feedback methods and ways to track and measure the success of all communication efforts
- Plans, designs and implements feedback solutions, both for readers and content providers
- Identifies ways to periodically track readership and success
- Makes recommendations as to which communication methods work best for each external audience
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or Mass Communication
- Two (2) years of writing experience
- Negotiate rates for events and communicate needs with vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required
- Spanish speaker/writer - preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.