About Texas Children's Hospital
Scheduled to open in 2017, Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is a 548,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to treat children and adolescents in The Woodlands and counties throughout Greater North Houston such as Montgomery, Walker, Grimes, Liberty, Harris, Polk, San Jacinto and Hardin counties. Our new facility will include 25 emergency center rooms, 32 acute rooms, 28 critical care rooms, 12 radiology rooms and 4 operating rooms. We will also offer inpatient and outpatient pediatric care in more than 25 specialties including: cancer, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, diabetes and endocrinology, urology, sports medicine, gastroenterology and nutrition, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, otolaryngology, allergy and immunology, dermatology, adolescent medicine and physical rehabilitation. Outpatient care areas are scheduled to open in fall 2016.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Department Secretary - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide secretarial and office services support for the department.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Answers telephones in a professional manner, takes accurate messages and transfers calls to the appropriate party in a courteous and timely manner
- Develops and maintains a system for tracking and restocking office supply inventory that insures a constant and adequate supply of necessary operational supplies required for personnel and for all office machines, including refill cartridges, printer/typewriter ribbons, and stores them in an orderly, easily retrievable manner, with no more than 4 occasions per year of any routinely maintained item being out of stock
- Under the supervision of departmental personnel, from own notes, drafts, tapes, prepares confidential minutes and reports, general correspondence and other written documentation, forms, charts, et al. using appropriate PC applications software with no more than 8 occasions per year where the initiating party fails to receive back an end product that is completely usable
- Maintains conference room schedules. Receives requests via e-mail or phone and enters or confirms them within 24 hours after initial inquiry
- Arranges meetings and activities in the conference areas to ensure efficient use of space and resources
- Manages conflicting room and event requests by considering the nature of the requests and offers alternatives to meet customer needs
- Completes special projects as required on time
- Notifies department personnel regarding issues, scheduled changes for departmental meetings and other information related to coordination of departmental activities
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.