About Texas Children's Hospital
Scheduled to open in 2017, Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is a 548,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to treat children and adolescents in The Woodlands and counties throughout Greater North Houston such as Montgomery, Walker, Grimes, Liberty, Harris, Polk, San Jacinto and Hardin counties. Our new facility will include 25 emergency center rooms, 32 acute rooms, 28 critical care rooms, 12 radiology rooms and 4 operating rooms. We will also offer inpatient and outpatient pediatric care in more than 25 specialties including: cancer, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, diabetes and endocrinology, urology, sports medicine, gastroenterology and nutrition, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, otolaryngology, allergy and immunology, dermatology, adolescent medicine and physical rehabilitation. Outpatient care areas are scheduled to open in fall 2016.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Physical Therapy Advance Clinical Specialist – someone who can thrive in a fast-paced hospital environment. In this position you’ll be asked to plan, evaluate, organize, and implement Physical Therapy (PT) treatment programs in a developmentally and age appropriate manner for patients age 0-adulthood. Keep walking if you don’t have at least eight (8) years pediatric or sports medicine clinical experience.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs patient care and related activities
- Provides clinical support to assigned outpatient clinic or specialty program
- Provides instruction/education to patients and families/care givers
- Documents information in patient medical record and patient billing
- Participates in staff and student development
- Participates in the development of clinical competency programs to better serve our customers; patients, families, physicians and other health care providers, etc.
- Selects and pursues professional career track; education, research, leadership, or clinical expertise
- Serves role as formal mentor in area of clinical specialty through the provision of formal training classes with an established curriculum
- Designs and initiates assessment tool to determine opportunities for research projects and submits department documentation form to leadership team for consideration
- Identifies and prioritizes appropriate department performance improvement initiatives through facilitation of the PDSA process
- Serves as lead in development of a clinical program within the department by engaging department staff participation, identifying clinical need for program, developing proposal for implementation of program, and working with appropriate leadership team on organizing program
- Performs other essential functions
- Works with departmental staff and other health care professionals to promote teamwork through volunteering regularly to help others when time allows
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy
- Current Texas state license to practice physical therapy
- Eight (8) years pediatric or sports medicine clinical experience
- At least one specialty degree/certification (i.e. ATP, ATRI, CST, NDT, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of rehabilitative care of patients with acute and chronic conditions
- Knowledge of development from ages of neonate to adulthood
- Successful demonstration of the professional competencies with advanced specialty knowledge and pediatric experience
- Must have been rated "exceptional" or "consistently exceptional" on previous annual performance appraisal
- Must be articulate, courteous and supportive in dealing with hospital, administrative and departmental personnel, patients and parents
- Must honor confidentiality
- Must independently treat patients by developing and following the established therapy plan of car
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Must utilize basic office equipment such as fax, copier and PC
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.