About Texas Children's Hospital
Scheduled to open in 2017, Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is a 548,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to treat children and adolescents in The Woodlands and counties throughout Greater North Houston such as Montgomery, Walker, Grimes, Liberty, Harris, Polk, San Jacinto and Hardin counties. Our new facility will include 25 emergency center rooms, 32 acute rooms, 28 critical care rooms, 12 radiology rooms and 4 operating rooms. We will also offer inpatient and outpatient pediatric care in more than 25 specialties including: cancer, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, diabetes and endocrinology, urology, sports medicine, gastroenterology and nutrition, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, otolaryngology, allergy and immunology, dermatology, adolescent medicine and physical rehabilitation. Outpatient care areas are scheduled to open in fall 2016.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Care Manager - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll function as a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in the provision of patient care with the underlying objectives of enhancing the quality of clinical and financial outcomes and patient satisfaction while managing the plan of care. You’ll also pro-actively communicate with members of the healthcare team to ensure appropriate medical necessity for patients in beds. Additionally, you’ll communicate with payers and patient/family/healthcare team regarding payer information as necessary.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Completes a comprehensive problem identification analysis to identify opportunities for intervention that are appropriate and realistic for the patient/family’s psycho-social, cultural, spiritual, and physical plan of care
- Gathers relevant data and obtains further information by interviewing patient/family & performing careful evaluation of the entire situation
- Identifies actual and potential problems in services and treatments and discusses with the multidisciplinary team
- Coordinates, facilitates and monitors the plan of care for patients throughout the episode and continuum of care to achieve the optimal clinical and financial outcomes
- Oversees discharge planning and facilitates safe transitions to community settings
- Plans and executes interdisciplinary and patient/family conferences as necessary to formulate and communicate the plan of care
- Serves as a liaison between members of the interdisciplinary care team, community providers, payer sources, and patient/family to ensure safe and effective plans and smooth transitions between internal and external levels of care
- Maintains professional relationship with payer representatives and assists in resolving any utilization issues that arise
- Pro-actively communicates with the interdisciplinary team
- Effectively and efficiently oversees the plan of care to optimally assure clinical and financial outcomes
- Ensures required justification and documentation is provided to payers
- Within the nursing scope of practice, the care manager continuously assesses self knowledge and competencies to assure job performance
- Participates in the orientation and training of new department members
- An Associate’s degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Current RN licensure by the State of Texas Nursing Board
- Three (3) years of nursing experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting
- BSN preferred
- Pediatric and case/care management experience preferred
- Case Manager Certification preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.