About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Technical Support Analyst II - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide complex system-level support of multi-user operating systems hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support of these systems. Additionally, you will design and plan systems and may serve as a team lead. This position requires extensive knowledge of systems analysis and an ability to prioritize your work-load.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Responds to client inquiries concerning system operation
• Diagnoses system hardware, software, and client problems
• Participates as a member of project teams and provides relevant technical guidance
• Ensures acceptable levels of systems performance
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
• Provides reports and other necessary information as assigned by the supervisor by assigned deadline
• Technical Certificate and\or Bachelor’s degree in a related Technical of Scientific discipline or equivalent coursework or training in a directly related area
• At least five (5) years experience in a related field
• Ability to provide complex system-level support of multi-user operating systems, designing and implementing integrated systems to meet organization requirements
• Ability to participate in budget planning for purchase and maintenance of hardware\software
• Ability to serve as lead analyst and\or direct the work of lower level analysts
• Knowledge of personal computer operating systems, software applications, multi-platform hardware configurations, communications software and mainframe connectivity software
• In-depth knowledge of at least two of the hospital’s enterprise applications, including a full understanding of all the application components (databases, interfaces, client installations and varying modules contained in the application)
• A functional understanding of how the hospital’s applications work, as well as what areas in the organization the application is utilized and what role the application plays in their work flow; a substitute for the clinical application can be a business application or the networking infrastructure, security infrastructure or domain infrastructure
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Time management, team building, process\project management, and budget preparation skills
• Ability to organize resources, establish priorities, and supervise and train assigned staff
• Strong customer service skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.