About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Data Architect—someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital environment. In this position you’ll ensure high level of data quality across the enterprise through the creation and management of sound data management processes. You’ll be responsible for establishing metadata and registries, standardizing data naming, establishing consistent data definitions, associated business rules and monitoring overall data quality. The Data Architect will sponsor the evaluation and selection of all infrastructure components (such as software) for data management systems.
Ready to learn more about this position?
- Coordinates with business areas in the development, documentation and maintenance all data definitions for data warehouse, business intelligence tools, and clinical integration and quality reporting
- Ensures that Data Governance program is aligned with corporate goals
- Acts as liaison among Leaders and staff, ensuring effective communication and coordination
- Provides Leadership with measures on the effectiveness of data governance and data quality
- Arbitrates conflicts, if consensus, on shared and potentially sharable data is not met by business areas
- Leads the effort to promote the prioritization of projects and resources that will advance the goals of Data Governance
- Provides needed information to the corporate project portfolio management process
- Leads the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large enterprise solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, tools, services, protocols, and standards that will support the data management strategy
- Works collaboratively with the system architects to develop methods for synchronizing data entering company systems from multiple points
- Ensures that new systems and/or applications adhere to existing data management practices, policies, and procedures
- Leads complex technical data warehouse discussions on modeling, integration and overall technology solutions and design
- Develops and enforces methods and validation mechanisms for ensuring data quality and accuracy at the point of entry
- Performs data audits on a regular basis. The results of these audits should be tied in to performance measures for data entry personnel, IT, and the appropriate business units
- Devises, coordinates, and conducts mass data-cleansing initiatives for the purpose of purging and eliminating corrupt or redundant information from corporate databases
- Identifies and ensures the resolution of data quality issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness in a cost-effective and timely fashion
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, business administration, healthcare administration or business or technology field preferred
- Seven (7) years of experience in data warehouse/business intelligence and internet/client server systems
- Strong process mapping, group presentation, written and verbal communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to a stringent timeline
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers
- Broad IT industry knowledge with depth in multiple areas including application development, servers, networks and databases
- Familiarity with various operating systems used by Health Plan data processing techniques and practices
- Working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software environments
- Full understanding of architecting internet and client server systems
- Full understanding of architecting integration and communications platforms
- Business Intelligence experience (ClickView preferred)
- ETL Development and Data Warehouse experience required.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.