About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Are you dedicated to the delivery of high quality care? Then we want you!
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Nursing (Cancer Center) - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. You will be responsible for providing 24 hour/7 day accountability for the clinical, business, administrative, and human resources activities to the designated clinical area(s). You will also ensure the delivery of high quality, developmentally appropriate for patient and family centered care at the unit level. Lastly, you will be responsible for leading the planning initiatives for the designated clinical area including development of existing and new programs.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Ensures that all Center, Institutional and externally imposed policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations are followed
- Leads the staff and faculty in developing goals for the designated area that support the IDS goals/strategic plan
- Ensures that the management team and staff appropriately carry out their duties and coordinate efforts with other participants (such as faculty or non-center staff) in the patient flow process
- Supervises the management team and ensures appropriate staffing (quality and quantity) is provided on a daily basis
- On a daily basis, represents the interests for the designated unit/area to the center and to the parent institutions
- Attends meetings to receive and transmit information pertinent to the designated area
- Provides management coverage to other Center Assistant Directors as needed, e.g., during the absence of another Assistant Director
- Program, plan and implement strategy to works with Center Administration to develop strategic business plans for new programs involved in providing patient services
- Constructs annual operating budgets
- Tracks and reports financial activity to the Director
- Reviews all Service Item Master codes and provides appropriate cost accounting information as required by the institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Current registration with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas is required
- Three (3) years clinical experience (preferably in pediatric hematology and oncology)
- Two (2) years of management/leadership experience are required
- Knowledge of pediatric hematology and oncology, staff development, academic clinical environment
- Ability to function as a highly skilled RN in pediatric hematology oncology and mentor other nurses in these skills Ability to develop management teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to staff, faculty, leadership, patients and families
- Identify and solve operational problems as they occur
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.