About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Configuration /Application Support Manager - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll managing specified Business Applications within the Health Plan. In this role, you’ll maintain performance within the designated applications, manage and develop staff, continuously improve the quality of processes, and work with Leadership to implement new ideas defined for Health Plan needs.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Manages business applications
- Develops standard operating procedures and guidelines for the Configuration Team
- Ensures the proper testing is conducted and documented
- Promotes process efficiency by working with team to reduce unnecessary steps and delays or develop more effective processes
- Ensures customer service
- Coordinates issues resolution
- Monitors reported issues and ensures they are assigned to the appropriate area for a resolution within agreed upon timeframes
- Resolves vendor-generated issues proactively by investigating the cause of the issue and collaborating with vendor to determine a solution
- Performs special projects
- Provides support to Project Management for major implementation projects.
- Ensures coordination within IS
- Coordinates efforts of technical and functional teams involved in resolutions of reported issues
- Provides management guidance
- Guides team on problem resolution
- Provides support to Business Operations Team and other areas on issues and problems
- Consults with user departments to coordinate plans and activities including coordination of development projects that involve the Health Plan, coordination of software upgrades and the installation of new products
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of related work experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree
- Five years of experience in management of health insurance payor systems or configuration management experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.