About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, two operating rooms, 12-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 32 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for Medical Assistant's - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide patient care and excellent customer service. In addition, you’ll assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
- Facilitates the appointment check-in procedure
- Communicates with patient, staff, and providers regarding patient arrivals, delays, and clinic processes
- Collaborates with clinic staff to ensure efficient patient flow
- Assists, as needed, licensed staff with the non-financial aspects of the inpatient admission process, e.g. assists with patient escort, helps with paper work as needed
- Provides high quality, cost-effective patient care in collaboration with clinicians and in conjunction with the patient/family
- Collects specimens and performs Point of Care Testing (POCT)
- Performs only those tests that are authorized by the licensed professional and require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual’s education, training or experience, and technical abilities
- Completes check out for patients and families
- Reviews order for completeness, clinical indication and signature. Enters them into order-entry system
- Contacts the ancillary department to confirm the date and time of the scheduled activity. Communicates the date, time, location and required preparatory information to the patient/parent
- Facilitates patient flow as the scheduling master for the clinic
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification as a certified medical assistant (CMA), registered medical assistant (RMA) or emergency medical technician (EMT)
- 2 years of related experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.