About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Retail Services Manager – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will effectively lead the Auxiliary retail operations across all entities to include outlets at all campuses, including the online presence.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides supervision for staff by assisting in the direction, distribution and supervision of assignments. Responsible for completing annual performance reviews for assigned personnel in a timely and professional manner
- Collaborates with retail manager of other store to influence effective purchasing operations and financial decision making
- Responsible for achieving key performance metrics to include sales targets and customer service goals
- Plans and implements special events, merchandising, promotional campaigns and customer service initiatives
- Benchmark retail operations in both hospital and non-health care settings and bring the best practices to the hospital setting
- Create a culture of elevated customer service to influence patient, family, visitor and staff satisfaction
- Influence design and placement of retail operations as the system continues to grow
- Engage stakeholders in the selection of merchandise and elicit feedback on buying decisions to ensure the items meet customer and organizational objectives
- Oversees all front and back end financial operations of hospital Toy and Gift Shops
- Ensures adherence to regulatory requirements as directed by JCAHO, hospital policy and safety practices
- High School diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of work experience in a retail or hospitality setting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three (3) years leadership experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and written), display good interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills; to use a PC with proficiency in work processing and spreadsheets; and to utilize general retail equipment including inventory management systems
- Must readily accept the daily responsibility of being a role-model of quality output and optimum effort and production; routinely pursue growth and development activities that strengthen business knowledge and technical acumen; enhance skills; and maintain a respect for a dedication to customer/patient service
- Must exhibit excellent self-motivation, self-initiation, diplomacy and attention to detail
- Familiarity with hospital practices and business systems and knowledge of computers, word processing and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of financial practices including budgeting, inventory management and monthly reporting
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.