About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Are you a dedicated pharmaceutical professional? Then we want you.
We are searching for a Certified Pharmacy Technician for our Ambulatory Care Services - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. You will be responsible for assisting the pharmacist in the preparation, filling, and delivery of medications, and other tasks associated with dispensing.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists the pharmacist in ensuring the appropriateness of medication doses by obtaining patient information at the prescription intake window including weight, allergies, and other medications
- Assists the pharmacists in ensuring patients receive correct written medication information on all new prescriptions
- Pulls the correct medication required to fill prescriptions and orders as verified by the pharmacist and as documented by a lack of dispensing errors
- Accurately enters medications/orders into computer as evidenced by peer review
- Assigns dilution and expiration dating labels to medications according to department standards.
- Completes all extemporaneous compounding worksheets, including calculation according to guidelines. Files completed compounding worksheets daily
- Performs medication compounding in accordance with good manufacturing processes including staging compounding in batches
- Ensures an environment that is clean, neat, and organized according to departmental standards
- Re-establishes priorities based on workload and patients’ needs
- Completes and properly documents Daily and Monthly Activity checklists including expired drug checking, cleaning assignments, and ordering supplies and forms
- Maintains patient confidentiality as documented by lack of complaints and observation by manager
- Provides customer service by interacting with customers according to departmental standards and assisting the pharmacist in ensuring patients receive verbal counseling and correct written drug information
Registration with the State Board of Pharmacy to work as a technician in Texas
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
Prefers two years of pharmacy technician experience
Knowledge of current hospital and departmental standards for the handling of pharmaceutical
Must have good communication skills
IV and sterile processing certification; preferred
Bilingual (Spanish); preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.