About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Medical Technologist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll perform routine and special procedures to obtain data or prepare products for the diagnosis and treatment of disease and the provision of quality patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Prepares and performs tests on specimens
- Maintains documentation systems
- Orders supplies as needed to maintain set inventory levels and complete patient orders
- Determines suitability of supplies at every step of handling from receipt to final disposition and immediately quarantines and/or discards unsuitable supplies
- Performs and documents results of all quality control procedures according to the written guidelines in the appropriate logs and immediately quarantines any defective reagents
- Performs and documents daily, weekly, quarterly and as-needed maintenance on instruments Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the procedures and instrumentation; maintains skills and demonstrates competency via performance, documentation, and observation by supervisory staff
- Participates in continuing education and in-service programs by attending section meetings, workshops, vendor sponsored workshops, and seminars; reads professional publications and reviews procedure manuals; attends classes
- Attendance rosters or certificates document participation in all aforementioned activities
- Performs assignment of "in-charge" technologist in the absence of the supervisor or technical specialist by prioritizing and expediting work flow and making decisions according to department guidelines and policies and documents problems encountered/resolved for review by supervisor
- Analyzes specimens in proficiency testing programs to validate procedural competencies by obtaining accurate results periodically as directed by supervisor and documented in records
- A Bachelor’s Degree in medical technology, laboratory science, chemical, physical or biology science
- Knowledge of blood bank theory and laboratory operations
- At least one of the following certifications:
- Medical Technologist License from any state (MT-STATE)
- Medical Technologist (MT-AAB) certification issued the American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB)
- Medical Technologist (MT-AMT) certification issued American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Clinical Laboratory Specialist certification issued by NCA
- Or one (1) ASCP Technologist Certifications:
- Technologist in Blood Banking (BB)
- Technologist in Chemistry (C)
- Technologist in Hematology (H)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)/Medical Technologist (MT)
- Technologist in Microbiology (M)
- Technologist in Molecular Biology (MB)/Technologist in Molecular Pathology (MP)
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.