About Texas Children's Hospital
Strategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Health Centers offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Physical Therapy Clinical Specialist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll plan, evaluate, organize, and implement Physical Therapy treatment programs in a developmentally and age appropriate manner for patients ranging from age 0 to adulthood.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Completes patient evaluations and reassessments in accordance with hospital and department guidelines
- Develops an individualized plan of care based upon evaluation/reassessment findings according to hospital and departmental guidelines
- Monitors patient response to treatment intervention
- Provides clinical support to assigned outpatient clinic or specialty program
- Provides instruction/education to patients and families/care givers
- Documents information in patient medical record and billing
- Participates in staff and student development
- Works with departmental staff and other health care professionals by volunteering regularly to help others when time allows
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy
- Current Texas state license to practice physical therapy
- Relevant experience acquired in one of two ways:
- Two (2) years pediatric, women’s health, orthopedics, or sports medicine clinical experience
- One (1) year pediatric, women’s health, orthopedics, or sports medicine residency
- Knowledge and understanding rehabilitative care of patients with acute and chronic conditions, and knowledge of development from the ages of neonate to adulthood
- Successful demonstration of fundamental competencies of the professional competencies
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.