About Texas Children's Hospital
Strategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Health Centers offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Medical Assistant – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will providepatient care and excellent customer service in the hospital healthcare setting. To assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Welcomes and interacts with all patients, families, and visitors in a professional, timely, age appropriate, and culturally sensitive manner
- Responds to customer questions with prompt information and/or service related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
- Identifies prolonged wait times for patients in waiting room and reports to clinic manager
- Attends staff meetings or signs attendance records for reading of minutes and attends mandatory training and development activities by established guidelines as evidenced by supervisory observation and written/verbal feedback
- Communicates with patient, staff, and providers regarding patient arrivals, delays, and clinic processes
- Maximizes collections by reviewing patient notes for amounts quoted during the pre-admission process and collects for these and other non-covered services as appropriate
- Refers to/Consults business services for patients arriving with incomplete or complex admission accounts
- Turns over the exam room preparing it for the next patient visit, utilizing appropriate infection control procedures
- Assists, as needed, licensed staff with the non-financial aspects of the inpatient admission process, e.g. assists with patient escort, helps with paper work as needed
- Maintains integrity of medication supplies by following Infection Control and inventory control guidelines
- One of the following:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) issued by the National Healthcareer Association
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA-AAM) issued by the American Association of Medical Assistants
- National Medical Assistant Certification (NCMA) issued by the National Center for Competency Testing
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) issued by the National Association of Health Professionals
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) issued by one of the following organizations: American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
- EMT-Basic (EMT-B) issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-Intermediate (EMT-I) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services (NOTE: Effective January 2017, EMT-Intermediate (EMT-I) was replaced by Advanced EMT. Individuals with EMT-I certifications seeking renewal will renew as Advanced EMTs)
- Advanced EMT (EMT-A) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services o EMT-Paramedic (EMT-P) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Licensed Paramedic (LIC PAR) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Two (2) years of related experience
- Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is the ability to operate proficiently a personal computer and basic clinic/patient care, office equipment
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills; demonstrate good verbal communication skills; demonstrate good time management skills and provide excellent customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate quick decision making and self-initiated work behaviors is necessary
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Knowledge of nursing/medical assistant patient care tasks, the managed care industry, appointment scheduling, related medical terminology and customer service concepts
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.