About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Specialty Care Centers provide specialized diagnostic care to treat a variety of pediatric diseases and conditions. Specialty Care Centers are staffed by expert Texas Children’s physicians, surgeons, therapists and clinical staff who work closely with a child’s primary-care physician to diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans. The first Texas Children’s Specialty Care location in Austin opened in October 2018 in the north-central area of the city with nearly a dozen medical and surgical services under one roof, including the following sub-specialties and offerings: allergy and immunology; cardiology; dermatology; gastroenterology; neurology; developmental pediatrics; endocrine; pulmonary; ophthalmology; plastics; urology; and X-ray and ultrasound readings by Texas Children’s pediatric radiologists.
We are searching for a Senior Project Manager – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll lead and be responsible for complex, multi-disciplinary, and/or enterprise-wide projects and provide expertise to short and long-term assignments, both internal and external, to the designated areas of responsibilities. Key functions of this role include team development, monitoring, and guidance; work process analysis and improvement, data analysis and creative problem solving, and facilitation of various strategic initiatives.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Manage projects delegated by leadership including, but not limited to business planning and development, strategic planning, financial analysis, development of affiliations and contracts, medical staffing, facilities planning and construction, and operations planning and development
• Coordinate the resources needed for completion of assigned projects
• Coordinate team goal preparations and writing
• Coordinate the tracking of progress and report updates to executive leadership quarterly
• Suggest and initiate improvements to team process, when possible, to improve efficiencies, and communication between work teams
• Provide services internal and external requiring a high level of project management and operations expertise
• Consult with and provide guidance to senior leaders on issues that cross multiple departments within areas of responsibility and involve others as needed
• Participate in the strategic planning, development, and refinement of joint initiatives between the organization and various other health care related institutions as needed
• Bachelor’s degree required with a focus in business administration, health care administration, nursing, or other related health care, business, or science field preferred
• A master’s degree is preferred and may substitute for two years of relevant work experience
• Five years of relevant work experience including two years of experience managing medium to large-sized projects is required
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities, use effective verbal and written communications, problem-solve and analyze, organize data, maintain confidential information, and utilize computer software
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of leadership and staff within the organization, work autonomously, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and remain flexible and adaptable