About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Director of Perioperative Services– someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll effectively lead the Perioperative Services and the G.I. Procedures Suite in the Medical Center, so that the direct and indirect patient care providers can provide optimum services to the patient, family, physicians, and other components. Lastly, you will provide patient care in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (0-Adult).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Ensures the delivery of high quality, cost-effective patient care in the Perioperative areas as measured by patient satisfaction results, variance analysis, and other pertinent data related to the areas of responsibility
· Participates in medical staff, hospital, and departmental committees, meetings, and projects to improve the overall function of the organization and thereby provide quality patient care
· Identifies, provides, and creates opportunities for the perioperative leadership team’s ongoing professional development
· Mentors leadership team members to enhance their leadership and management skills
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with medical staff leadership and interdepartmental liaisons to ensure a consistent level of service across the enterprise and to both internal and external customers
· Recommends to executive leadership improvements in processes, systems, staffing, or other activities that will assist in achieving the strategic plan of perioperative services, the hospital, and enterprise
· Bachelor's degree in nursing
· Master's degree in business, nursing, or healthcare related field
· RN-BC - Registered Nurse Board Certification
· 5 years of clinical experience including, progressive management experience in hospital management