About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital has begun its expansion from Houston to Austin! We are excited about the opportunity to extend Texas Children’s mission to a large and growing population of children and women. Our Urgent Care opened in March 2018, several pediatric practices will open this spring and summer, and our first Specialty Care Center will open this October. The Specialty Care Center is located at 8611 North Mopac Expressway, approximately 8 miles north of downtown Austin near Highway 183 and will include these subspecialties and more: • Cardiology • Pulmonary Medicine • Neurology • Diabetes/Endocrinology • Gastroenterology • Dermatology • Allergy & Immunology • Urology • Ophthalmology • Plastic Surgery. Our robust, outpatient-focused approach includes a plan through 2021 for 18 pediatric practices, 4 urgent cares, 3 specialty care centers, and 2 maternal fetal medicine centers, all on 1 integrated medical record. Texas Children’s presence in Austin helps deliver regional coordination of care and is synergistic to the core services offered at our Texas Medical Center campus in Houston.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide high quality, patient-centered dermatology care and services.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provide high quality, patient-centered gastroenterology care and services via outpatient clinical care, inpatient coverage and inpatient consultation for children with all types of intestinal, hepatic, pancreatic and nutritional disorders.
- Define, build and support new clinical care models in Austin through collaboration with other sub-specialty providers and leaders
- Build networks and relationships that will promote and grow gastroenterology services and Texas Children’s Austin strategy and brand awareness
- Provide leadership, subject matter expertise, and representation for gastroenterology within the new specialty care center and throughout the community
- Model and cultivate Texas Children’s culture and commitment to our patients and each other, and Baylor College of Medicine’s dedication to medical care and research.
- The position will also involve collaborative clinical activities at Texas Children’s Hospital on the Medical Center Campus in Houston, Texas
- Night call for Austin based outpatient clinical practice and hospital associated Texas Children’s Hospital Austin Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Practice
- D. or D.O.
- Must have or be able to obtain an unrestricted Texas medical license
- Completion of an ACGME approved fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology (or equivalent)
- Board-certified in Pediatric Gastroenterology
- At least five years active full-time clinical practice in Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Proficiency in all routine Pediatric Gastroenterological procedures including but not limited to upper endoscopy with biopsy, foreign body removal, hemostasis, colonoscopy with biopsy and polyp removal
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.