About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Senior Enterprise Architect – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide the highest level of technical expertise for the design and implementation of enterprise telecommunications, data network, systems, and application security controls. This role provides expert guidance for designing robust enterprise information systems solutions that comply with all security policies, procedures, standards, and security best practices. A key function of this position is to enable consistency, leverage, and reuse to satisfy the business requirements for security services in an optimum manner. Additional purposes include conducting enterprise network and system risk analysis and consulting with operational departments on approved network security controls to ensure compliance with state, federal, local laws, codes, rules, regulations, and policies.
Think you’ve got what it takes?23
· Express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT, and business personnel
· Conceptualize complex business and technical requirements into comprehensible models and templates
· Align Information Security Architecture efforts with other Enterprise Architecture/ Information Management counterparts to ensure overall alignment of architecture components
· Work closely with other functional area architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, as well as to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements
· Formulate and conduct complex IT architecture assignments utilizing a wide range of professional techniques, industry knowledge, and independent reasoning to ensure and uphold data security and integrity Evaluate and develop secure solutions, based on approved security architectures
· Analyze business impact and exposure, based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks
· Serve as a security expert in application development, database design, network and/or platform (operating system) efforts
· Provide guidance and leadership to assist project teams to comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices
· Research, design and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners and vendors
· Provide continuous improvement through review of existing IT systems and applications as well as performing detailed analysis of potential threats and risk assessment results to identify, design, and implement appropriate security controls/solutions
· Coordinate the development and delivery of technical Information Security policies, standards and guidelines.
· Participate in, and provide high-level support to the information security incident management and response program
· Responsible for the delivery of the Cybersecurity program
· Work directly with defined project managers and external professional services to ensure technical solutions are delivered and sustainable
· Collaborate with Biomed engineering team to ensure adequate security governance over connected devices and IoT