About Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system, and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities.
You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Database Administrator I — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll support and maintain all Hospital Information Services operating databases and database servers.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists in supporting and administrating following databases: Epic Clarity, EDW, Caboodle, Business Objects Enterprise
- Assists security team in setting up user accounts and front-end software to access databases and change password
- Controls vendor access to databases
- Conducts changes to database schema following design documentation
- Conducts tests of database changes according to guidelines
- Assists in the migration of databases between environments (development, testing and production) in accordance with change control procedures
- Prepares documentation of database schema changes
- Prepares documentation of configurations for the databases and database servers
- Audits the performance impact of database server parameters when specified
- Assists in the implementation and testing of database server upgrades
- Serves as team member for database upgrade and implementation
- Assists in the installation of all database software
- Audits database and server activity when specified and audits database growth and adds data/log space when specified
- Performs basic database tuning (e.g., index design) under supervision
- Maintains all databases by routinely performing basic database consistency checks, checking error log, and assisting in the resolution of database performance related problems and resolution of database corruption problems
- Performs tests of procedures for operators to monitor databases and database servers
- Performs database backup procedures according to guidelines
- Assists in implementing and testing database backup and restore procedures
- Performs timely database and transaction log backups
- Provides appropriate training to operators to perform some backup tasks
- Performs database disaster recovery procedures when necessary
- Assists in implementing and testing disaster recovery strategy and procedures
- Performs recovery of all databases under supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration, engineering, or related field is required
- 1 year of experience with database management systems and programming
- Knowledge of relational database design, SQL programming language, basic data modeling, basic performance and tuning, database configuration, basic computer knowledge, understanding of multi-vendor database environment, and basic understanding of operating systems and network requirements
- Ability to demonstrate verbal and written communication skills, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to apply techniques to new situations
- Proven experience with SQL Server
- Experience upgrading Business Object Enterprise to a newer version, ideally 4.1 to 4.2
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.