About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Urgent Care offers high-quality, efficient and affordable after-hours patient care in convenient community locations. Staffed by board-certified pediatricians who have privileges at Texas Children’s Hospital, our Urgent Care team can diagnose and treat a wide variety of common pediatric ailments, illnesses and conditions, including: asthma, strep throat, fever, minor burns, influenza, ear infections, allergic reactions and more. We also provide procedures such as antibiotic injections, breathing treatments, fracture care and splinting, IV (intravenous) fluids, lab services, laceration repair and x-rays on-site.
We are searching for an Regional Staff Nurse Urgent Care for our Memorial, Heights and Cinco Ranch locations. In this position, you’ll gather information, assess and provide direct care to patients. Works collaboratively with other member of the healthcare team to render age appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists with the collection of patient/family data
- Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per site protocol
- Provides general patient care
- Prepares patient for examination per site protocol
- Administers medication and immunization
- Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician per site protocol
- Assists with education of patient/family
- Provides patient/family education as instructed by the physician or site protocol
- Coordinates referrals
- Assures family has contact information for referral
- Triages presenting patient complaint per site protocol
- Triages phone calls per site protocol and within scope of site standards
- Collects Specimens and Performs Laboratory Test
- Verifies provider order and patient per site protocol
- Demonstrates service philosophies to patients and families
- Provides information regarding length of visit
- Graduation from an accreditied school of Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license to practice nursing in the State of Texas
- Basic Life Support certification required
- Pediatric and ER experience is highly preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.