About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Physical Therapist Clinical Specialist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll plan, evaluate, organize, and implement Physical Therapy treatment programs in a developmentally and age appropriate manner for patients ages 0 to adult.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Completes patient evaluations and reassessments in accordance with hospital and department guidelines
- Develops an individualized plan of care based upon evaluation/reassessment findings according to hospital and departmental guidelines
- Monitors patient response to treatment intervention
- Provides clinical support to assigned outpatient clinic or specialty program
- Provides instruction/education to patients and families/care givers
- Documents information in patient medical record and billing
- Participates in staff and student development
- Works with departmental staff and other health care professionals by volunteering regularly to help others when time allows
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy
- Current Texas state license to practice physical therapy
- Relevant experience acquired in one of two ways:
- Two (2) years pediatric, women’s health, orthopedics, or sports medicine clinical experience preferred
- One (1) year pediatric, women’s health, orthopedics, or sports medicine residency preferred
- Knowledge and understanding rehabilitative care of patients with acute and chronic conditions, and knowledge of development from the ages of neonate to adulthood
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.