About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Applications Architect (Epic)– someone who works well in a fast-paced setting.
In this position, you will review application requirements, application and processing architectures and designs, develops, amends, optimizes, and certifies application and system design of Epic and associated Integrated Delivery Systems, responsible for the identification and resolution of the application information flow, the application integration and the required infrastructure to support application requirements
Think you got what it takes?
- Must be efficient, self-motivated and innovative (Think outside the box/Research better ways to display data)
- 7-10 years of prior experiences data analysis, business intelligence including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology experience performing analyses and presentation of data.
- Experience in at least one of the following BI tools: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Business Object, Qlik or other similar tools
- Work with technology teams to investigate system performance and data issues
- Develop a sense of urgency when key deliverables are jeopardized; facilitate problem solving and meetings to address obstacles
- Analyzes and coordinates designing of new & existing Data applications and architectures of data warehouse applications.
- Manage the Data warehouse and provide database and data mining technical support
- Innovate and generate new ideas, concepts and models to improve methods of obtaining and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis as dashboard in tools such as Qlik
- Provide written explanations of approach and analysis in plain language that supports the conclusions and observations In collaboration with others, interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings
- Use visualization techniques to display data and the results of analysis in clear straightforward presentations that can be understood by non-technical readers
- Evaluate and refine the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency and accuracy
- Building predictive models using data mining methodologies along with analyzing and mining business data to identify patterns and correlations among the various data points
- Ability to extract data from multiple data sources like Tableau and SQL server, using SQL
- Coordinate new development and make sure it is consistent and well integrated with existing information data structure.
- Lead and engage in business analysis, information acquisition analysis and design, data access analysis and design, archive and recovery strategy, security, and change management.
- Appraises effectiveness of systems flow, data usage, and manual or automated processes to identify ineffectiveness or inefficiency of the system.
- Develops, designs, and modifies technical specifications for the Integrated Delivery System.
- Coordinates the design and analysis of the implementation of new systems and the modifications of existing systems.
- Controls system configuration and development process by establishing standards, measuring work in process, interpreting results, and taking corrective action.
- Performs independent programming for segments of complex problems according to the technical specifications and standard system implementation techniques.
- Analyzes system performance and optimizes programs, reports, indexes and accordingly.
- Define the post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance.
- Initiates and implements new programming techniques, methods, procedures, approaches, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information assurance, or a related field.
- 7 years relatable experience in one of the following roles
Sr. Data Mining
Sr Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst
Sr Data warehouse Analyst
Sr Data Applications Engineer
- Direct work experience at the Epic Systems Corporation © will be counted at a premium, with every one (1) year of Epic Systems Corporation © experience counted as two (2) years of experience.
- Knowledge at expert level of current application and system development techniques.
- Also requires knowledge of relational databases, appropriate programming languages, data structures, associated computer hardware, computer networking, a variety of operating systems and client/server, web data processing techniques.
- Knowledge of Epic EHR modules.
- Ability to demonstrate logic, analytical and effective verbal and written communication skills, team-oriented work habits, proven interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to different levels of technical experience.
- Nice to have Epic or Omnicell experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.