About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in nearly 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Front Office Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will coordinate and perform the scheduling of patients, receive and greet visitors, answer and handle incoming calls, coordinate the referral process, enter accurate billing information into system, and transmit accurate claims.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Demonstrate Creating SMILES philosophies to patients, families and co-workers
- Greet patients and visitors upon arrival utilizing Service with HEART philosophies
- Assist patients with check in/check out
- Answer and direct telephone calls within six rings
- Assess each patient’s eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payer prior to initiating referral
- Document eligibility in patient medical record
- Notify the provider when no provider in network is available
- Review billing information
- Enter hospital charges into EPIC with 100% accuracy and within timelines established by practice
- Balance payments received daily
- Verify accurate patient demographics information with each visit and enter it into the medical record and billing system
- Verify and collect correct co-payment with 100% accuracy
- Collect payments due in the form of cash, checks and credit cards
- Schedule appointments and accommodates walk-ins
- Collect and disseminate mail and deliveries
- File, archive, and retrieve medical records
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information by following policy and procedure and practice protocol
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience
- Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, filing, medical terminology, CPT coding, and managed care referral process required
- Knowledge of related OSHA and JCAHO guidelines and requirements is vital
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.