About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Protection Officer — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll protect the staff, patients, visitors, and assets of the hospital.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Provides security functions at designated post locations
· Observes all persons entering and exiting the hospital; maintains visitor and entry logs
· Ensures that the required sign-in logs and documents are properly maintained as prescribed by departmental procedures
· Patrols the hospital as assigned, observing all conditions inside and outside of the hospital for potential threats to the safety of patients, visitors, employees, and medical staff
· Controls traffic and parking in designated areas
· Operates hospital vehicles
· Responds to emergency situations
· Attends training and keeps certifications up to date
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Current NCSO (Noncommission Security Officer) license
· 2 years of security or customer service experience
· Valid Texas Drivers’ license and a safe and clear driving record
· Meet the Texas Department of Private Security Board (TXDPSPSB) requirements
· Knowledge of hospital and security functions
· Ability to function in a great variety of situations that require clear action and reactions
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and function in stressful situations
· Strong customer service skills and ability to amicably communicate and interact with other departments, hospital administration, visitors, and patients
· Ability to learn or have competent knowledge of computer programs specific to the hospital
· Certified in Basic Life Support and use of AED and Personal Protective Equipment