About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) is the largest Texas Medicaid managed care organization, and is part of the Texas Children’s healthcare system. Founded in 1996, TCHP is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. Our plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three service areas (Harris, Jefferson, North East). Members of the plan receive care from our network of more than 4,000 primary care physicians, 8,000 specialists, and 110 hospitals. They can also receive care at The Center for Children and Women, a patient and family-centered medical home with two convenient locations for TCHP members who can have all their medical needs met in one place, receiving multiple services the same day. TCHP is a recognized leader at encouraging holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Outpatient RN – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, coordination of care, and the coordination of services required for patients outside clinical setting. We need someone who can provide family-centered care to a culturally diverse population in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Assess patients
· Coordinate the plans of care
· Collaborate with the patient, family and members of the health care team to establish desired outcomes and to meet immediate and future health care needs
· Implement and evaluate plans of care
· Educate the patients, families and community
· Demonstrate positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
· Be accountable for maintaining the professional development of yourself and participate in development of others