About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
We are searching for a Front Office Specialist I — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll coordinate and perform the scheduling of patients, receive and greet visitors, answer and handle incoming calls, coordinate the referral process, enter accurate billing information into the system, and transmit accurate claims.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Demonstrates Creating SMILES philosophies to patients, families, and co-workers
· Greets patients and visitors upon arrival utilizing Service with HEART philosophies
· Assists patients with check in and check out
· Assesses patient’s eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payer prior to initiating the referral
· Documents eligibility from the patient's medical record
· Notifies provider when no provider in the network is available
· Reviews billing information
· Enters hospital charges into EPIC with 100% accuracy and within timelines established by practice
· Balances payments received daily
· Verifies accurate patient demographic information with each visit and enters into medical record and billing system
· Verifies and collects correct co-payment with 100% accuracy
· Collects payments due in the form of cash, checks, and credit cards
· Schedules appointments and accommodates walk-ins
· Collects and disseminates mail and deliveries
· Files, archives, and retrieves medical records
· Maintains confidentiality of patient information by following policy and procedure and practice protocol
· High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
· Minimum of one (1) year of related experience
· Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, filing, medical terminology, CPT coding, and managed care referral process
· Knowledge of related OSHA and JCAHO guidelines and requirements
· Ability to provide excellent customer service and act in a professional manner
· Ability to type, file, and use a multi-line telephone, computer, fax, copier, and adding machine