About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Receptionist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide general customer service support and perform general office tasks.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Answers telephone in a friendly, professional manner
- Takes and transmits legible and accurate messages as instructed for patient related calls and for department personnel
- Transfers calls and/or pages department personnel as instructed
- Acts as liaison between department staff, vendors and departments, and screens callers and visitors to handle as many questions, problems or concerns prior to involving management
- Represents department and self as a liaison to hospital employees, patients and visitors
- Greets and directs visitors and ensures that visitors are provided with clear instructions
- Communicates effectively with patient/ family/ staff/ physicians and other members of the health care team in order to meet the needs of the patient and family on a daily basis
- Displays good judgement when interacting with others and uses service oriented verbal and non-verbal behaviors
- Responds to requests for assistance in a timely manner and responds appropriately to emergencies (support role)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, filing and medical terminology
- Also required is knowledge of related OSHA and Joint Commission guidelines and requirements
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, to act in a professional manner, to type, to file, to use a multi-line telephone, computer, fax, copier and adding machine
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.