About Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Project Manager - someone who works well in a fast-paced managed care contact center setting. In this position, you will lead multiple integrated and complex projects.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to project governance guidelines, including the approval processes and project reporting structures, establishing project specific governance and conduct steering and work team meetings
- Determine the resource needs for analysts, programmers, vendors, user personnel, consultants, and equipment by assessing the size, duration, scope, and complexity of each project
- Formulate, administer, and maintain a detailed project plan using project management tools, including information about all tasks, risks, issues, and resource requirements
- Facilitate, communicate, and work with project team members and other Project Managers to update the detailed project plan in addition to the risk and issues plan
- Manage the cost, scope, and time of a project while delegating tasks to each team member
- Develop and report project metrics
- Determine, analyze, and formulate current practices, user needs, and work flow processes, issues, and potential solutions for each project
- Appraise alternate systems for workability and economic feasibility
- Provide the goals, problems, and solutions to management
- Knowledge of Call Center environment preferred
- Knowledge of Claims processing preferred
- Previous Supervisory experience in a call center setting highly preferred
- knowledge of HHSC/CMS rules/regulations/policy/procedures also preferred
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 years’ experience in business, projects, and/or health care
- Master’s degree in computer science, finance, business administration, or other related field can be substituted for 2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of health plan standard software, project management, and process mapping required
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.