About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Technical Specialist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll oversee workflow and perform quality assurance duties in the laboratory section assigned. This person may have to serve as a team leader, scheduler, and/or primary trainer for the section.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Performs specimen testing, quality control, instrument maintenance, and troubleshooting of the associated specimen testing processes, procedures, and documentation performed in the section
· Manages special projects and performs tests
· Performs and documents quality control procedures
· Performs instrument function checks, calibration, maintenance, and evaluation
· Participates in the teaching of other personnel including MT and MLT internship programs
· Participates in continuing education
· Uses computer applications to perform assigned duties
· Performs other essential job-related functions
· Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical, or biological science
· 3 years in a laboratory setting applicable to the area of responsibility
· MLS-ASCP - Cert-Medical Lab Scientist, MT-ASCP - Cert-Medical Technician, MB-ASCP - Cert-Tech Molecular Biology, BB-ASCP - Cert-Tech Blood Bank, C-ASCP - Cert-Technologist in Chemistry, H-ASCP - Cert-Technologist Hematology, M-ASCP - Cert-Technologist Microbiology, MP-ASCP - Cert-Tech Molecular Pathology, MT-STATE - Medical Tech. - Any State, CLSP-NCA - Clinical Laboratory Spec.-NCA, MT-AMT - Medical Technologist - AMT, and Nation Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) required