About Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Senior Communications Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will serve as a writer, editor, and content creator for internal and external print and digital communications.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Serve as a contributor for newsletters and internal communications, as well as manage content, timelines, and the distribution of assigned communications vehicles
- Research, write, and edit stories, blog posts, global emails, talking points, scripts, and other communications as needed for internal and external distribution via print, digital, and social channels
- Guide, coordinate, and work with designers, photographers, videographers, and other creative specialists to produce print and digital deliverables
- Proactively identify important initiatives and events at the hospital and work with leadership to ensure appropriate coverage is incorporated into assigned publications
- Respond to email queries and story ideas from internal clients and identify the appropriate course of action
- Develop strategic communications plans and presentations to promote and advance organizational initiatives, goals, and priorities
- Attend events for internal and external reporting and coordinate with photographers, writes, public relation teams, and event managers as needed to ensure coverage of important hospital news and events
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, physicians, department leaders, and administrative staff to remain aware of important news, developments, and initiatives
- Assist with editing and writing for other corporate, internal, and external communications, including global emails, intranet, letters, speeches, and talking points
- Draft communications that meet specific objectives with clarity, organization, accuracy, and balance
- Take ownership of the production schedule for assigned deliverables/projects, ensuring contributions are on schedule and budgets are maintained
- Identify opportunities to repurpose content and extend life and relevance of existing material
- Coordinate with vendors to assist in maintaining financial records, tracking purchases, invoices, and payments, while keeping organized records of all assigned projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years’ experience in news media, corporate communications, or publishing
- Experience with internal/employee communications and social media preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.