About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Testing Advisor— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll be responsible for organizing and administering the configuration and development of integrated delivery systems. You’ll devise and design testing/QA workflows, strategies, and methodologies for TCH systems, and be charged with the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, programs and configurations in the delivery of testing workflows and strategies. You will not be performing testing.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Analyze and conduct the design and modification of integrated delivery systems
· Implement and control the configuration and development of systems
· Administer program and system tests
· Develop system documentation and maintain system
· Coordinate activities and information dissemination with manager, other information services personnel, users and vendors
· Participate in strategic planning and organization-wide data planning
· HS Diploma or GED
· Master of Science degree preferred
· 8 years of major system design and implementation experience
· Project management or project leadership experience preferred
· Bachelor’s degree will substitute four (4) years of work experience, Master’s degree will substitute for two (2) years of work experience
· Up to two (2) years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to two (2) years of information systems experience
· Knowledge in UAT, functional testing, integrated testing methodologies
· Experience with HP Quality Center