About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Manager of Ambulatory Clinics — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will manage and lead daily clinic and personnel activities. You will also participate and coordinate the delivery of high-quality, family-centered, and developmentally appropriate patient care at the clinical level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Coordinate operations by effectively communicating with the health care team and serving as a liaison between physicians, families, clinical staff, and ancillary departments to promote high patient, physician, and team member satisfaction
· Ensure continuity in the standard of care by participating in hospital-wide committees
· Monitor staffing requirements and productivity levels by establishing staffing guidelines based on patient needs and budgetary guidelines, and participate in the decision-making process for new hires
· Coach and develop team members by providing structured feedback through yearly development plans and formal follow-up at least twice a year
· Demonstrate accountability for cost-effective management of resources while ensuring the department achieves patient care goals
· Deliver quality, cost-effective patient care within the family-centered care environment by participating and/or leading performance improvement activities that improve clinical outcomes, patient flow, customer satisfaction, or employee satisfaction
· Support the implementation of unit/departmental goals and communication of the strategic plan to staff
· Ensure all accrediting agencies’ requirements specific to your department are fulfilled in addition to providing a link between your department’s requirements and those in the integrated delivery system
· Report the financial performance on a monthly basis
· Prepare annual capital and operating budgets
· Conduct appropriate investigations and follow up on individual and patient complaints
· Submit performance planning documents, ongoing planning materials, action plan, and department goals
· Bachelor’s degree
· Master’s degree preferred
· 6 years of clinic, private practice, or outpatient nursing experience
· Experience as a supervisor, matching a patient population with a clinic, and/or within the medical specialty of the area is preferred