About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an Ambulatory Services Representative II - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide excellent customer service as the first contact for patients, providers and staff accessing ambulatory clinics. You will expedite the outpatient check-in and check-out processes by reviewing appointment status, using electronic appointment system to view information regarding appointment, insurance, and history. Additionally, you will collect pre-visit payments and communicate with the clinic liaison regarding factors impacting the patient visit and general clinic-patient flow. You will also secure the financial integrity of the patient’s account by verifying benefits and obtaining referrals, authorizations and pre-certifications.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Manage the admission/check-in/welcome desk, PAR's, registration, and past pending
· Authorize insurance and collect cash and deposits
· Coordinate schedules
· Oversee the charge entry, billing, and reconciliation
· Provide customer service and communication
· Provides room management
· High school diploma or GED
· Two (2) years of experience in customer service
· Healthcare and/or pediatric experience preferred
· Knowledge of medical terminology, insurance terminology and customer service concepts desired
· Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred