About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Contracts Manager/Staff Attorney — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll manage the activities of personnel of the Contracts Administration department and provide legal oversight of the work conducted on the team. Software Licensing experience is a must!
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides legal guidance and oversight to contracts team to ensure effectiveness of the Contract Administration Department - Specifically for software licensing
- Monitors contracting practices for opportunities to improve customer service and departmental operational efficiency, and takes necessary actions to successfully implement such improvements
- Answers customer questions regarding the contracts process in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
- Maintains positive working relationships with customers and vendors
- Provides legal guidance to internal end users regarding contract provisions as appropriate
- Drafts/negotiates complex or high-risk contracts
- Reviews, negotiates, drafts, and facilitates award for assigned contracts and amendments
- Works in a collaborative manner with leaders to ensure underlying business needs and objectives are effectively met through contractual arrangements
- Juris Doctor Degree
- License to practice law in the state of Texas
- 1 year of contracting experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Active Texas law license with knowledge in contract law
- Extensive knowledge regarding contractual arrangements, including offer, acceptance, consideration, contract termination, and standard boilerplate terms and conditions is essential
- Knowledge of and experience with purchasing/software licensing and procurement processes
- Knowledge of health care law, information security law, and associated purchasing practices, procedures, and techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively with all types of vendors, all levels of Texas Children’s leadership, and end users
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally, and in presentation format
- Must possess effective negotiation and contract resolution skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.