About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opened in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Research Assistant – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll participate in research activities which may include subject recruitment, confirmation of subject eligibility, informed consent process, completion of case report forms, data calcification, IRB preparations, medical record abstraction, and data collection. You’ll also assist physicians with preparing manuscripts, conducting literature reviews, updating study databases and taking photographs in a clinical or operative setting.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Maintain files for assigned research projects
· Work with designated lead to complete IRB submissions, subject recruitment, data entry and analysis
· Coordinate meeting, meeting minutes and presentations
· Provide one-to-one consultation for staff needing assistance with research literature searches
· Obtain research articles and textbooks from medical center library as necessary
· Compile monthly activities report and distributes and appropriately as needed
· Coordinate annual report for department, working closely with the director on format
· Assist with professional presentation development
· Knowledge of project implementation and data collection and analysis
· Knowledge of the following database search engines may be needed: PubMed, Medline, CINAHL, Cochrane, EMBASE, Nursing Consult, AHRQ, and other EBP websites
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 1 year research experience preferred