About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an Ambulatory Services Representative II - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide excellent customer service as the first contact for patients, providers and staff accessing ambulatory clinics. You will expedite the outpatient check-in and check-out processes by reviewing appointment status, using electronic appointment system to view information regarding appointment, insurance, and history. Additionally, you will collect pre-visit payments and communicate with the clinic liaison regarding factors impacting the patient visit and general clinic-patient flow. You will also secure the financial integrity of the patient’s account by verifying benefits and obtaining referrals, authorizations and pre-certifications.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Manage the admission/check-in/welcome desk, PAR's, registration, and past pending
· Authorize insurance and collect cash and deposits
· Coordinate schedules
· Oversee the charge entry, billing, and reconciliation
· Provide customer service and communication
· Provides room management
· High school diploma or GED
· Two (2) years of experience in customer service
· Health care and/or pediatric experience preferred
· Knowledge of medical terminology, insurance terminology and customer service concepts desired
· Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred