About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Operating Engineer - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll perform operations and maintenance activities including, but not limited to: engineering rounds, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, general maintenance and repairs of hospital equipment and buildings including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems in accordance with departmental, hospital, and regulatory agency codes.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Monitors equipment, responds to alarms and emergencies, and performs maintenance duties in assigned areas to ensure facility equipment and systems are functioning properly
- Monitors all operating equipment and systems (boilers, chillers, AHU’s, pumps, air compressors, water heaters, cooling towers, etc.) to ensure they are operating properly and safely at maximum efficiency
- Performs preventive maintenance duties on buildings, building systems, and equipment as assigned according to standards established by management team
- Meets scheduling requirements as determined by Management; i.e. maintains minimum average score of 85% of assigned PMs completed within designated timeframes
- Performs corrective maintenance duties on buildings, building systems, and equipment as assigned according to standards established by management team
- Meets scheduling requirements as determined by Management; i.e. maintains minimum average score of 90% of assigned work orders completed within designated timeframes Demonstrates ownership for responsibilities in assigned zone and other designated areas Identifies and appropriately resolves maintenance deficiencies in assigned areas to maintain space quality through improvement of efficiency, outcomes, and customer service
- Maintains a minimum average rating of 90% on Space Assessment surveys
- Demonstrates accountability for customer service and professional behavior through personal work ethic, teamwork and effective communication skills
- Ensures effective communication and work flow for responsibilities in assigned zone as demonstrated by maintaining good rapport and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers
- Completes activities in a manner that maximizes effectiveness of the task and minimizes the impact to the customer
Licenses and Certifications-One of the following Required:
- Associate’s Degree or higher in service-related or technology field of study
- STATENG1 - Stationary Engineer, 1st Grade City of Houston
- STATENG2 - Stationary Engineer, 2nd Grade City of Houston
- STATENG3 - Stationary Engineer, 3rd Grade City of Houston
- JRNYPLUM - Journeyman's License Plumbing Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners
- JRNYELEC - Journeyman's License Electrical Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- DLA - Dept. of Labor Apprenticeship Department of Labor
- SMA - Systems Maint Administrator Building Owners and Manager Institute International
- SMT - Systems Maintenance Technician Building Owners and Manager Institute International
- MASTELEC - Master Electrician Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- HVACB WC - HVAC State B with C endorse Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- 3 year’s Experience as a service technician.
- Preferred-experience working in a hospital environment
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.