About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll gather information, assess and provide direct care to patients ranging from neonatal to adult and provide appropriate care for each age group.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Demonstrates Creating SMILES philosophies to patients, families and co-workers
· Assists with the collection of patient/family data
· Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
· Provides general patient care
· Assists provider, as directed, during treatments, examinations and testing as directed by provider and within scope of practice
· Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician
· Assists with education of patient/family
· Coordinates referrals
· Screens patients phone calls
· Collects specimens and performs laboratory tests
· Maintains certification by fulfilling continuing education (CE) requirements per certification agency
· High school graduate, GED or equivalent
· Graduate of an accredited school of medical assistance
· Active BLS certification required from American Heart Association
· Medical Assistant or related work experience - 1 year - preferred